Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day 2008

Had a very nice Christmas yesterday. Woke up early, and by early I mean around 1:00 am. Ralph woke up around then too, & went into the living room to wrap my gifts (talk about waiting until the last minute). I turned on the light & worked a Sudoku puzzle until he came back in about 10 minutes later. He said, "You aren't supposed to be awake. You're supposed to be sleeping so that Santa will come." I replied, "I thought Santa might want to know where the tape, scissors, and wrapping paper are." He sheepishly admitted that yes, Santa did need to know these things. In all fairness, I had moved them when I wrapped his gifts on Christmas eve.

After he finished with the gift wrapping, we both went back to sleep for a few hours. He had made a pot of coffee earlier, so all I had to do was warm it in the microwave. We opened our gifts--stocking stuffers, really--and I think we were both please with what we received. I gave him a hand-knit hat (see picture), hand-knit socks, four flashlights (he LOVES flashlights, go figure), a book he has been wanting, candy, smoked sausage (which he requested), chicken jerky (ditto), hair bands, hair detangler, and one of those "drinking" birds.
I received candy, clothes de-linter thingies, poo-bags for when I walk the dogs, camera batteries, hand sanitizer, and heat rub & wraps for my achy joints. Oh, and $$$cashola$$$ for a yarn spree (he said he wanted to buy me yarn, but didn't want to get me stuff I wouldn't use or like). After gifts I fixed us a very low-fat breakfast of bacon, cinnamon rolls, toast, fried eggs & milk.


Later that day we went to The Boy's and The Girl's house for a family get-together. Sis was there when we arrived; Dad & JB arrived shortly thereafter. Everyone else--and I do mean everyone--was late. However, we all had a very nice time & dinner was delicious. The Boy & The Girl gave us dead flamingos. Not real ones, of course, but the lawn ornament type, only instead of being pink they are black with glow-in-the-dark skeletons painted on them. I'll have to get some pictures once we've got them up in the yard. They also re-gifted a picnic basket that The Boy had received from work; they figured we were more likely to use it then either themselves or anyone else in their families. We gave them hand-knit wristwarmers for The Girl (see pic) and for The Boy a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy towel that had been on his thinkgeek.com wishlist. They seemed to like them. The Girl's Uncle T was very interested in the towel. We didn't exchange with anyone else.


Today I took Sadie back to the vet for her follow-up. He gave her more antibiotics plus some ointment for her eyes. He wants us to bring her back in two weeks; if we feel that she does need another visit, we're going to take her to the vet we use for our other dogs. We only took her to this one originally because that was the vet Neighbor D used for her, but Ralph & I both got the impression that they are more interested in making money than in taking care of the dog.

Later, I went to the bookstore; only got one book, and I used my Borderbucks for that so it only cost me $2. Not as awesome as The Boy's gas fill-up, which due to his Vons gas "coupon" cost him a penny a gallon. No joke; he had the photo of the gas pump to prove it. 27 gallons for 27 cents. Bet he wished he'd had a couple gas cans to fill up, too. After that I hit the yarn store & bought about 9 skeins, two of which are posted here. I already have projects planned for most of it. I'm also starting to plan next year's Christmas gifts. I really waited too long this year before getting started on the holiday knitting.

1 comment:

  1. Not only did The Boy wish he had a couple of gas cans, he wondered if the tool box in the truck would leak if he tried filling it ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete