Friday, December 12, 2008

A fairly good day

Actually, the past few days have been fairly good. Got this lovely shot of a Northern Mockingbird at work yesterday. It was very flirty, but of course had its tail end towards me most of the time.

Survivor last night was intense, too. I shan't detail it--those who follow the show already know what happened, and in any case Sis usually posts a synopsis. All I can say is this--Sugar is the most Underestimated. Survivor. Ever.

DG & EG at work have turned their cubicle area into a "gingerbread" house for the holiday, with the space between their desks serving as a "fireplace" with a decorative screen, "icing" trim around the walls, and even a gingerbread-scented room freshener. Very creative, I thought.
AND!! My new wristwarmers are done. I love how they turned out, and they used hardly any yarn really: about 1/2 an ounce of the Manos (multi-colored) and a little more than that of the Cascade (black). Maybe 50, 55 yards of each. Plus they are a quick project, about 4-5 hours total. Best of all, the colors will look good with just about every other article of clothing I own.

Went to lunch at Souplantation with Mr. Boss Man and PC. PC went through the line first and surprised us by paying for our lunches which I thought was very nice of her. She must be in a good mood because she will be getting her shawl on Monday ;-) The food was good, too; they have a seasonal salad with spinach, turkey, cranberries and a honey-mustard dressing which I really enjoyed, and a creamy turkey soup, with stuffing to add to it. I also had some pomegranate tea which I'd never had before. It was slightly sweet, slightly tangy. Very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment