Thursday, December 4, 2008

This & that

I found this picture of Buster on my computer at work. Such a handsome guy!

Got an early Christmas gift yesterday; a darling pin from VG. It's in the shape of a cat's face, wearing a Santa hat. A little sparkly fish dangles from the collar like a charm. It was very sweet of her to give that to me, and good timing too since I had forgotten to wear a pin yesterday & was wishing I had.

Had to bite my tongue at Taco Bell the other day. As I was waiting for my nachos, a guy in line obviously recognized the cashier. After they greeted each other in friendly-guy fashion, the customer asked, "So--you working here now?" It was all I could do to not say something along the lines of, "No, he works for Carl's Jr; he's just here scoping out the competition today." I mean, I know he was just making conversation, but why ask a question to which the answer is so blatantly obvious?

In knitting news, PC's shawl is not yet done. Her mom got about half-way through & decided the pattern didn't show well enough with the yarn she was using, so started over with something new. PC says she will be here on 12/15 with the finished shawl. Can't wait to see it!

The bear I'm knitting is nearly done. All the pieces are knit, and it's mostly sewing at this point. I'm a bit worried as he *still* looks more like a pig than a bear, even with the tail sewn on & one ear pinned in place. I'm hoping that once I embroider the nose it will be more ursine. I also think I need to re-seam the ear, or possibly even re-knit them. I think they would look smoother around the edges if I knit them in the round & kitchener the top edge rather than knit them flat, fold & seam.

No comments:

Post a Comment