Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The socks are done!


Only took thirty days, but the dragonfeet socks are finally done. Mind you, actual knitting time was probably about 30 hours rather than 30 actual days, but when you don't have a lot of free time and waste a lot of it on the computer, it takes a while for things to get done. Please ignore the appearance of the floor; in the one picture it looks like it is really dirty but it's just a discoloration in the wood.

Had a kind of disappointing lunch today. We went out for a co-worker's birthday. Started off by having to borrow $20 from Mr. Boss Man because I somehow managed to leave my wallet at home. Took almost half an hour before the waiter took our order, and another 20 minutes before the soup & salad arrived. The place we went to has unlimited soup & salad, and after about 15 minutes the server asked the three men who had soup if they wanted more. One said he did, and the server left to get it--without asking me or the other woman who had soup if *we* wanted seconds. Since soup was the only thing I was having for lunch, I most certainly did want another bowl. When the server finally returned with the guy's soup, he asked him if he wanted cheese; he said yes and the server disappeared again to go get the cheese grater. Another 10 minutes passed, and at this point I was already late getting back to work so I just gave my share of the money to the guy next to me & headed back. The entrees hadn't even been served at this point; good thing I hadn't ordered one or I wouldn't have gotten back to the office until 2:00. As it was I was still hungry when I left the restaurant, and if I'd had any money on me I'd've stopped at fast food place for a burger. Fortunately I had some snacks in my office so I was able to keep from completely starving.

Sis got her copy of "The Forgotten Disturbed" today. Mine has not yet arrived, darn it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the socks! The color is really nice, and the pattern is great!
    Oh geesh... a sexist waiter. I tend to have a very big mouth, and can get really fired up to the point that I am scary. I wish I were there to beat him up fr you. :-)
    Write a bad review on angie's list for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are even more gorgeous "in person"!

    ReplyDelete