Sunday, April 12, 2009

Seven on a Sunday

Here's a shot of Ralph at archery yesterday. It's surprisingly difficult to get a good shot of someone shooting arrows. Nothing to see from the back, face is blocked on the right, and can't really see the bow from the left. I suppose I *could* try from the front, if I were really desperate. . .


While he was shooting I got one whole pattern repeat done on the shawl. I was thinking that wasn't very much until I started doing the math. First & second rows are 485 stitches, the third & fourth are 381, so that's 970 plus 762 equals 1732 stitches on slippery metal needles. I know some knitters prefer metal needles because of the slipperiness; I am not one of them. I'm always struggling to keep the stitches from sliding off the tips before I've actually worked them. Really slows me down. So four rows isn't so bad after all.

Before archery, we went to Bob's Big Boy (of all places) for breakfast. They have what I have often said I was going to special request at a restaurant: an omelet with no eggs! They don't call it that, of course--they call it "stuffed potato pancakes" but really it's an eggless omelet. We both got the "lumberjack" which is bacon, ham, and sausage sandwiched between a generous portion of potato pancakes, cheese, and topped with sour cream. It was really good; the only thing I would change is to take out the sausage.

During archery we saw a pair of hawks flying a bit of a ways away. One of them was definitely chasing the other, claws extended. I took a short movie of them although it didn't come out too well; they were too far away for a really good shot so it came out a little blurry. You can see the extended legs of the chaser in a couple spots though.



We also went to the movies last night, saw "Monsters vs. Aliens." It was a fun movie, I thought; not quite as good as "Meet the Robinsons" but better than "Coraline." All in all a very good day yesterday.

Today we are meeting family for late lunch/early dinner in Diamond Bar. Other than that, no plans for the day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those hawks meant business!
    Will you post a pic update of your shawl? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'll get a picture of it today :-)

    ReplyDelete