Thursday, April 23, 2009

Slow week



Nothing much to post about, despite not having posted since Monday. I did see one thing that amused me yesterday: a van for a termite extermination company passed me on the freeway, and the logo painted on the back was a skull & crossbones. The skull had insect antennae on it. Oh, that also reminds me of a van that is parked up the street advertising a paint company called "Mr. Smartypaints." I thought that a pretty clever name.

Still not impressed with Facebook. I sign on a lot hoping for interesting little posts and status updates but there's usually not much there. It does seem that most of the people I went to high school with have fabulous, exciting jobs and/or live in fabulous, exciting cities. Makes knitting in Long Beach seem dull indeed. It kinda gives me that old high school feeling of being one step behind the rest of the world. Ah, well, I should just stay off Facebook if I don't enjoy it, right?

Going to the Renaissance Faire this weekend. Playing music for a handfasting (why, why, why did I agree to that? I haven't played music in almost 2 years & I am struggling with tunes I used to know inside out & upside down) and hoping to meet up with our friend CH. Other than that no big plans.

We have been enjoying having our house to ourselves. It's so quiet and lovely having our privacy again. E-gads, 5:55, time to get ready for work.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. SmartyPaints! Too funny!
    Uck, I hate facebook. You do know that the majority o those who claim to have an outstanding life are lying, right? :-) Okay, I have to take the porsche into the mechanic, go pick up my new 300.00 handbag, stop by my 200 staffed law office ( in which I am a senior partner ) and go home to flirt with the pool boy. Bwahahahaha! In reality... I have to clean the bathroom and pick up dh's clothes he leaves everywhere. Oh, and put the flea stuff on the cat.

    ReplyDelete