Thursday, April 16, 2009

I don't have to work today





Doo dah, doo dah, I don't have to work today, oh da doo dah day. Yes folks, I am on vacation today & tomorrow. Not sure what I'll do with the free time. Knit, of course, and possibly spin a bit. Might go to the Pet Expo tomorrow, and possibly to the Renaissance Faire on Sunday. We'll play it by ear, though, since we may need to stick around to unlock the gate for the Roomies' moving out (more on that below).

In other news, I have recently joined Facebook. Frankly, I'm not all that impressed with it so far. Maybe when I've used it a bit more that opinion will change.

Heading down to the wire on the Roomies move-out deadline. Not sure they're going to make it; they got a (rather small) U-Haul truck yesterday and have managed to fill half of it so far. Even if they finish filling it today, I don't see how they are going to get all their stuff into it, and I'm pretty sure it's a one-way rental so a second load is not an option. True, they still have their little trailer, but I dunno, they've got soooooo many things.

Speaking of which, I got their e-mail newsletter and was a bit surprised by one thing they mentioned: they bought a used camera "at a really good price" online. Now, let me get this straight: No steady job. Very little income. Have more stuff than they know what to do with. So they *buy a camera*???? I just don't get it. OK, OK, I know, it's not my life and it's not my business.

Got an early birthday gift last night: Ralph gave me a copy of "Animal Crackers." Haven't seen that in years. We watched most of it before bedtime & will watch the rest today. Harpo was a genius I tell you.

Today's photos are of the current incarnation of our always-a-work-in-progress pond. We thinned out the plants considerably, and Ralph redid the upper filtration pool at the top so that it's a little wider and the waterfall is off to one side rather than centered. We also added some flowering vines to the front posts of the shade arbor. I'd like a few more flowering plants in place of some of the greenery, even though it does look much nicer now than it did when it was so overcrowded with flora. These really aren't good pictures; I'll try to get better ones today.

No comments:

Post a Comment