Monday, April 13, 2009

An excellent Easter



Had a very nice day yesterday. Took the girls to the dog park where they ran and sniffed and slobbered to their hearts' content. Got a bit of knitting done, then met the "fambly" for dinner. Sis had an early birthday present for me: 400 yards of hand-dyed sock yarn. One of her Ravelry friends is doing a series of yarns in colorways inspired by the movie/book "Twilight." Sis asked if there was any of the "Wide Awake" left, and was told no, but she (the friend) would dye one up special for her (Sis). So, I've got a lovely skein of dyed-to-order fingering weight merino, woo hoo!!!!

It was fun visiting with family, too. Dad is looking pretty good, and The Girl's grandmother was a hoot as always. Hard to believe that The Boy & The Girl have been married almost a year already, but their anniversary is only a couple weeks away. Wow.

Tried my hand at archery today, since Ralph enjoys it so much. It was OK, I guess, although I did get twanged by the string a couple times, smack on the left breast. Ouch! Obviously this sport is designed for the flat-chested. I did a few rounds at five yards (and had one really fabulous grouping as you can see) and a few at 10 yards (you will notice there are no bragging pictures for *that* distance, LOL!) I can see myself shooting once in a while, although I don't think it will ever become the passion that it is for Ralph.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous yarn! What do you think you make from it?
    Archery is fun, but I do agree, it is for the flat chested, which I am not. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking fingerless mitts, the kind with long "sleeves." While I won't wear them as often as I would a pair of socks, they'll be more visible when I do wear them, plus they won't get worn out from being walked on.

    ReplyDelete