Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pleasant Sunday



Had a very quiet day today. Slept in until 6:30 (!!) which felt really good, although I was in desperate need of coffee when I finally dragged my butt out of bed. Had a leisurely buffet breakfast at El Torito, where we were waited on by our favorite server. He's always very friendly & upbeat, with a great sense of humor. Did a little grocery shopping, then read & knit for a while out in the sun, which resulted in the need for an afternoon nap. For dinner, Ralph grilled burgers & corn while I sliced up tomatoes & avocado, and warmed up some baked beans, Served that with some potato salad and Maui onion potato chips (because one can never have enough poe-tay-toez). Needless to say we were both stuffed to the gills.

I am almost done with my dragonfeet socks. I've got 1/2 a pattern repeat (six rows) left to do on one sock, one pattern repeat on the other, and then it will be time to knit the cuffs. I was hoping to have them done by today, but I don't really feel like working on them now so I guess it will be tomorrow. I better wind up another skein so that I can start on the next project when the socks are done.



I decided to post a couple more pictures of the dragon puppet, mainly because the one from yesterday doesn't really show how big it is. That, and I just think it is really, really cool. That's Ralph standing next to it in the first picture. He's 5' 10", and the hat that is balanced on top of his sackbut is about a foot high, so that will give you a little perspective on the size of the puppet. Please click on them to enlarge; the shots don't look so dark and you really get a good look at the dragon.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the dragon is amazing! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! If I saw that thing crawling around I would probably faint dead away! It's cool, and I could really use it for Halloween. Do you think they would let me borrow it? LOL
    Oh, so you are easily entertained on my blog huh? LOL! I don't know who's the worse for that; me being simple or you being easily ebtertained! LOL!
    Have to tell you this. I have my Halloween costume for "Haunt the Zoo" all ready already! I am buying a fisherman's vest, a pole, some "flies" to put on the vest, wading boots, and putting my wonderous fish hat on my head! I wonder if people will get it? Hmmm...hehe
    You have to post a pic when your socks are finished. I want to see the pattern more closely. I bought a skein of Cherry Tree Hill merino for socks for hubby. I am crocheting them with a teeny hook. I'll post the pics in a few years when they are done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if anyone's gonna borrow that dragon it will be me & Ralph. We have our own haunted house to consider.

    Can't wait to see your Halloween costume! It sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete