Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pretend this is a clever title


This weekend went by fast, although it doesn't feel like I've really done a lot. Drove to Orange yesterday looking for a specific item for Ralph's birthday but wasn't able to find it. I won't say what it is in case he reads this as I have not yet given up the search. Tried to take a nap in the afternoon but just as I was dozing off I heard the unmistakable sounds of a horking cat right behind the chair I was in, so of course I had to get up & clean the mess. Later I went to Dad's since he is going to Canada later this week. Sis, The Boy, and The Girl were there too. Had a long & pleasant visit and some really good pizza for dinner. Dad did look a little tired, though, and he says he isn't looking forward to the trip. He just wants to stay home, and he would do so if he hadn't promised JB that he would be up there for some weddings.

Today I knit a wee bit, soaked in the jacuzzi, then we went to see "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." It was quite good; in fact I give it my highest rating--seven out of ten. Afterwards we went to Borders where Ralph picked up a book on archery & I got a couple murder mysteries, since The Book hasn't arrived yet. (Sis--you know, I feel weird calling her that since I don't call her that in real life. I'm going to switch to her proper name. Anyway, Lizard brought her copy to Dad's and we all looked through it since she is the ONLY one whose copy has arrived so far.) I thought I'd gotten the first in a new series, and when I started to read it I realized it was in fact the second. The main character twice has made reference to a certain event and then says "that's another story--available at your local bookseller's." I like it when books/movies/comic strips/etc. break the fourth wall like that. I can tell I will enjoy the book. Other than a short nap, I really haven't done anything else today but brainsuck. Oh! We were supposed to go out with MH2 & PH2 last night, but we were both so beat & got home so late that we ended up not going. Maybe next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment