Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Very Odd Ballet

Went to the most unusual ballet I've ever seen last night, along with our friends MH2, PH2, SS and MS. Most of it I liked, although some of it was a bit dull (for example, I don't think rolling about on the floor is dancing). The costuming ranged from nothing to bikinis to shorts & tank tops. Not a tutu in sight, nor toe shoes either for that matter. High heels, yes, toe shoes, no. I did like when they did all the fancy leaps and spins and kicks--while jumping rope. The group is called Ballet Prejocalj and they were really quite unique. Here's an advertisement I found for them on youtube; there are other videos but this actually gives a good idea of what they do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuK5DcJLb2g (I can't get the links to work, so y'all will have to cut & paste).

Before the show started, of course the theater manager promoted the upcoming season, and I was delighted to see that Les Ballet Trockadero de Monte Carlo will be performing. I don't recall the date, darn it, but tickets go on sale June 1. We really enjoyed them last year & we definitely want to see them again. Here's a youtube excerpt of their "Swan Lake." Please note--this is an all-male dance troupe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBT0lLv22j0&feature=related

Haven't had much time to read The Book. I'm not even 30 pages into it yet. Hopefully I'll have a little more time tonight--if I ever get off the brainsucker, that is.

1 comment:

  1. I ballet sounds intewresting. I am more of an "old school" person when it comes to ballet, but it still looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete