Monday, May 18, 2009

Just a few items


Earthquake last night, centered in Hawthorne. We got some good jolting here, couple things knocked off shelves. Fortunately nothing landed on people or pets, and only one item got broken. Had to soothe the dogs for quite a while afterwards.

Had training at the North building today. Told myself this morning to bring the camera, because if I didn't there would be sure to be something cool & picture-worthy (there are often hawks, and mockingbirds, and turkey buzzards). Meant to bring the camera. Got halfway to work & realized I had forgotten it. So of *course* at lunchtime a killdeer strolled across the parking lot right in front of my car, and then sat over by the planter the whole time I was at lunch. It was still hanging around when I left five hours later. I have another training class tomorrow, so maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll have another chance at getting a picture. And monkeys could fly outta my piƱata. . .

To top it off, I lost the Survivor bet & now I owe Lizard money. Only fair, I guess, since my guy won last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment