Friday, May 22, 2009

Sock in progress


Making good progress on the "Sock it to Cancer" sock for my co-worker, SS. I got partway through the second line of lettering before I noticed that my floats were tight at the corners, but I was able to loosen them to some degree & made them much looser on the remaining lettering. Still a bit tight (you can see in the close-up shot that it pulls in a little on the word "cancer") however this sock is not intended to be worn so I don't think it matters much. I really like the yarn Lizard gave me; it reminds me of a sunset reflecting off the water.

Had an utterly wasted day at work today. Got urgent "must do it today" e-mail from procurement to get some options in so they could run "cut-off 5" this afternoon. Mr. Boss Man & I scrambled to get everything in--most of them were for BT's and AL's communities but they were both off today so it was up to us, and being unfamiliar with their files it took more time than if it had just been ours. Around 2:30 or so we realized that cut-off 5 (flooring) isn't due on most of these until July! I called the person who sent the e-mail and she said, "Oh, no, cut-off 5 isn't flooring, it's tub enclosures." Um, since when??? Cut-off 5 has ALWAYS meant flooring. Sigh. What a flippin' waste of time, especially on a day when we were trying to play catch-up after being in training most of the week! I sure am glad to be home now, and particularly glad I have a 3-day weekend (although alas, Ralph does not).

2 comments:

  1. Is the sock just ornamental? It must have been hard to put words onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's for a fundraiser, not intended to be worn. The words were easier than you might think. I have a pattern with letters in it, and I just charted them out on an Excel file. After that it was just a matter of changing colors when I got to a letter.

    ReplyDelete