Friday, March 13, 2009

Tax time, ugh!


We have an appointment tomorrow with the tax preparers. Ugh. It's always a hassle trying to remember all possible deductions, and where did we put those receipts, etc. etc. Every year we swear we'll be more organized, and every year it falls apart.

The Roomies are cooking corned beef & cabbage. It smells really good; I can't imagine wanting to eat the fish I'd planned on fixing for dinner with yummy corned beef scent in the air. Oh, well.

Totally messed up on my sock today. Had just finished round 13 of the pattern repeat when I realized I had done the pattern for row 14 on row 12, so I tinked back the two rows to fix it. Somehow managed to drop two stitches in the process, and have only found one of them so far. It's dropped down at least three rows. Sigh. I may just frog it down to row 7 or so, one of the knit-only rows that I know had the right number of stitches at the time. So close to being done, too; I have just enough yarn to finish these last pattern repeats, with maybe a little bit for a ribbed cuff. The pattern doesn't call for a cuff actually, but I think it will make the sock look more "complete."

Going to have a knitting/stitching day on 3/21. Between Sis & I we've invited at least 9 people, which means of course it'll be me, Sis, the Girl, the Roomie, and maybe Duh. Ralph has a D & D game on the 22nd--no rest for either of us that weekend. It should be fun, though, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment