Saturday, March 7, 2009

Show and tell

I had a really good time at the show & tell last night. It was great to be able to stare at people's sweaters & shawls without being thought strange! Lots of really nice projects, too. One woman had sort of a long cloak/cape made of ribbon yarn with a feathery trim down the front. I could never wear that sort of item (although I wish I could!). She really looked great in it, kind of an "aging movie star" sort of look. Think along the lines of Lovey Howell (and I mean that as a compliment).

At about 7:00 pm, there was a bit of a to-do when the restaurant next door had a kitchen fire. No injuries as far as I could tell, although there were many fire trucks and of course the restaurant had to be evacuated. A few of the diners wandered into the yarn store, and why not? The fire engines had the parking lot exits pretty well blocked and this was the only shop still open. Two of the women were really excited by all the projects & signed up to take knitting classes :-)

I actually worked a little bit on the orangutan. As you can see in the photo, he now has both legs sewn on instead of just one, and I made the foot finally. After I sewed on the leg I noticed that I made the left one about 1/2" longer than the other. I remember now that I only did 15 rows on the right leg, not 20 as the original pattern called for. I'm not too concerned about it, though; I'll just take a little "tuck" at the top seam where it won't show if it starts to bother me. Now I need to make the left hand & left ear. . . hope I have enough of the grey yarn left.

No comments:

Post a Comment