Saturday, March 28, 2009

Now that explains it.


I have figured out why my shawl is coming out so darn short. First off, it's a really short pattern--the one in the book doesn't quite come to the model's elbows. However, it uses 2 skeins of Alpaca Lace at 215 yards per skein, and I have more than three times that amount (742 yards) of handspun. Should be plenty long enough, right? Well, I re-read the requirements today; it takes *three* skeins, not two, which means I'm only about 100 yards over what is called for, not 300. Sigh. I'm really hoping it stretches a lot in the blocking; I'd like it to come at least a bit past the elbow.

And for those of you dying to know--yes, we got cat litter today & have changed out the box. Whew!! Afterwards we went to archery where Ralph shot for at least 2-1/2 hours & I spun up more of my tricolor Romney. I'm torn with what to do with the yarn when it's done; do I two-ply it for another shawl, or Navaho-ply it for socks? I'll have to decide soon, since I'll have to divide the roving pretty evenly for a two-ply to keep the color stretches from overlapping too much; if I Navaho-ply it I can just keep going until the bobbin is full. Socks were my original plan, and now I'm thinking it's too pretty to hide in shoes & under slacks.

When archery is over we went to a little Mexican place with some of Ralph's buddies. The food was tasty, even if my tostada did have too much lettuce. Came home, brainsucked & sudoku-ed & read & knit. Feeling sleepy now & may go to bed soon. Headed to Sis's place tomorrow since Ralph is having a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment