Monday, February 16, 2009

My poor co-workers


I came home tonight to another lovely steak dinner cooked by Ralph, complete with roasted garlic. This time we had a full head each. I should apologize in advance to my co-workers for how hideous my breath is going to be tomorrow. I don't think there's enough toothpaste in the world to prevent it. There were red potatoes to go with it instead of a baguette, and we rounded out the corners with mixed vegetables.

Cast on a new pair of socks today. (No, I'm not done with the hat; just felt like working on something else for a bit.) It's the same pattern as the Chaos Theory socks I finished last week, only I'm using the blue yarn that I used for the first pterodactyl. Since that yarn has less-radical color changes I'm sure the socks will be much calmer & prettier. I've done the toe & one pattern repeat of the first sock, and already I can tell that the lace is going to show up much better.

Speaking of socks, Ralph told me today that out of all the socks he likes the green lizardy ones best. I looked at him funny and said, "You mean the moc croc ones?" He agreed those were indeed the pair he meant. I said, "So what you're saying is out of all the socks I've made, the ones you like best are the ones Sis knit for me?" Yup, that is what he was saying. He was quick to point out that the brown pair I made him for Christmas are his second-favorite. Sheesh. Well, I gotta admit the moc crocs are really cool.

We had a lot of fun at Medieval Times yesterday. PH2 & MH2 had gift certificates and used them to pay for most of the ticket cost; we paid the $7 difference, plus we gave the server a $6 tip (as did PH2 & MH2), so the whole event only cost $13. Since tickets are about $50 each we were very pleased by this. Before the show, the guys kept saying they wanted a drink, wanted a drink, so MH2 & I sat outside while they went in to the bar. About 10 minutes later they came back, sans drinks. They said the line was too long. Turned out what they were *really* doing was getting our names on the list of announcements (our anniversary & MH2's birthday, which is today). We got little scrolls too. Pretty cool!!

We got to sit in the Green Knight section; he's the "bad guy" of the show. Our section was the rowdiest, too, with lots of cheering & chants of "Green knight! Green knight!" We had absolutely excellent seats, too--front row!! The dinner was delicious (tomato soup, garlic bread, about half a chicken, a meaty rib, roast potato, and an apple pastry for dessert) and we really enjoyed the show. In addition to the jousts and sword fighting, there were several horse performances and a short falcon show. The Andalusians were spectacular, with all their fancy moves and of course they are just gorgeous animals all around. We were really glad that PH2 & MH2 invited us to go with them.

1 comment:

  1. Squeeee! That's me, squealing like a little girl over the love for Moc Crocs!

    ReplyDelete