Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Don't even say it

Remembered to bring the camera to work today, but did not bring it with me when I took a walk on my usual nothing-to-see route at breaktime. Let's face it, I really don't need another squirrel picture. So of COURSE there was a hawk feeding on something in the grass. Sigh. By the time I got back to the office, grabbed the camera and scurried back, he was gone. I will never learn, will I?

Making good progress on the Chaos Theory socks, though. I've turned both heels, finished one pattern repeat on one sock and two pattern repeats on the other. Between the patterned yarn, the lace front and the mock cable rib back, these are the loudest, busiest socks I have ever knit. Not sure what I can possibly wear them with. I tried one on yesterday, and I will say that it is very comfortable so far.

Sadie seems to be taking advantage of her Elizabeth collar. I swear she deliberately slams it into the other dogs, and uses it to block me when I try to walk past without petting her. I will be glad when it can come off.

Not much else going on though. Looking forward to the Knitting Day at Sis's on Saturday. That's about it.


Well, actually I guess there is a bit more. Sunday we had a nice picnic at El Dorado Park. We got chicken salad sandwiches at Arby's, & brought Hali along with us. It was very nice sitting in the sun watching the birds. After we ate we took Hali for a short walk, then I knit & took pictures while Ralph read & napped in the sun. The duck photo above is one of the ones I took, and I'll be boring the Teeming Millions with more bird pictures as the week progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment