Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back from knitting


Very rainy day today, at least in Long Beach. Fortunately for me I spent most of the day in sunny Alta Loma. More on that in a bit, for the good news of the day is that Roomie G is out of the hospital. He's resting right now & hopefully feeling a lot better. I haven't seen him since I got home so couldn't say for certain.

Despite the rain & flooding, didn't have too bad a drive on the freeway. Only one part was really slow, the onramp from Pacific to the 710. That has three lanes of traffic that merge into one, and right at the very end of the onramp it was completely flooded. Other than that I made good time to Sis's. We then went to a nice restaurant for a late breakfast/early lunch with The Girl, The Boy, and Duh. Afterwards we did lots of knitting & talking. I finished my Chaos Theory socks & started on a chullo for Ralph. Sis had made a yummy spinach dip & I ate way too much of that. Dinner is definitely out of the question for tonight.

Ralph was going to come too, but yesterday found out about a memorial service for one of the doctors in the hospital where he works, who passed away unexpectedly a few days ago. He (Ralph) doesn't really know the family, but felt that attending would show respect for the doctor & family, as well as give himself some closure as this doctor had been the director for as long as Ralph has worked at the hospital (over 20 years). I think he got some comfort by going.

No comments:

Post a Comment