Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The eyes have it!


Hooray! My eyes & noses order arrived yesterday, so I was able to finish the octopus. The assortments I bought are wonderful; the cat's eye set has two pair each in seven different colors, and the normal eye set has two pair each in eight different colors. I chose a silvery-grey cat's eye pair for the octopus, and I really think it made all the difference in the world. So much better than my crappy embroidery skills could have produced, and because they are only 10mm they are a better fit than the huge eyes they sell at Michaels. Plus the color is fabulous!

So, I said I wouldn't post the name of the seller unless I was pleased with the order. Let's see now; quick delivery, packaged well so they didn't get scratched or broken; lovely colors on the eyes; the noses are nicer than I anticipated; the washers snapped onto the eyes without a struggle (unlike the ones I get from Michaels, which are a nightmare to attach); I'd have to say I am delighted with the order. The seller is glasseyesonline. He has an eBay store in addition to a regular website www.glasseyesonline.com; I purchased from his eBay "location." If you need eyes or noses for your crafts, I highly recommend this guy.

Chowing down on some banana nut granola. During the entire drive home from work I was thinking fondly of the kielbasa & potatoes that I *knew* Ralph had fixed for dinner. It wasn't until I got home that I remembered he had a doctor's appointment. Sigh. Not sure if I should start cooking now & risk it being burned or cold by the time he gets home, or wait until he gets here & hope he's not so late that it's time to go to bed rather than eat.

1 comment:

  1. that looks pretty cool in the grass, and will make a nice piece on pirate day

    ReplyDelete