Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, lovely Sunday


NOTE: The Boy, today's picture is just for you. It's a real honest-to-goodness STONECUTTER!! I took this at the Koroneberg Old Worlde Festival a couple weeks ago.

Had an extremely nice day today. Went yarn shopping with Lizard, where I bought four skeins & a set of size 5 DPNs. The yarn will be used to make a jackalope and an angler fish. We had lunch at In-n-Out Burgers (they make the best fries this side of anywhere--they slice the potatoes & fry them up when you place your order, so they are always hot & fresh) before coming back to my place for some knitting. Got a LOT done on my Loch Ness Monster; I'm just about to graft the belly seam (you stuff as you go), then I will just need to make the fins, sew the tail seam, and add eyes. I would say I'm 80% done at this point. I would have posted a picture if I could have found the camera.

Lizard is working on a Quant, which is an entrelac headband pattern. It's funny, I have that in my Ravelry queue & was thinking this morning that I should knit one, and here she shows up with one in progress! Then to top it off the current issue of Spin-Off arrived, and guess what's on the cover? Yup, a Quant--it's the featured project in this issue's Handspun Gallery. She's using the same colorway that I used for my LaStrange wristwarmers, only in a thicker yarn, and it's looking really nice so far.

Making one of my favorite "home assembled" meals for dinner tonight: beef over rice. It is soooo easy to make: Mix one can cream of mushroom soup, one can cream of celery soup, one can water, one envelope onion soup mix, and one pound stew beef in a large pot with an oven-proof lid. It will look pretty horrid at this point, but don't despair, it's supposed to look like that. Cover & put it in the oven for 2-1/2 to 3 hours at 350 degrees. Serve over cooked rice (I usually use minute rice for this dish). Tastes even better when re-heated the next day. Mine is about halfway through the cooking time & already smells fabulous.

Anyway, I'm anxious to finish Nessie so I'm off!

4 comments:

  1. Heehee - thanks for not pointing out that I've had to frog the silly things 3 times already! And I can't wait for you to post the pics of Nessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see nessie too! What a cool project. i thought stonecutting was a lost art. glad to see someone still going at it. i am going to try your recipe since i asore cream of celery soup. Do you think it would taste good over egg noodles? I like rice, but like noodles better. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good over noodles too, and my favorite way to eat it is over mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you ask him about Steve Guttenberg?

    ReplyDelete