Thursday, June 25, 2009

Guess I really ought to post something

Knit up another project from my Amigurumi Knits book--a little starfish. And yes, this pattern also had an error in it; we're three for three. Good thing I'm a halfway decent knitter or this book would have had me in tears. This pattern is really a fast one; I think it took me about 4 or 5 hours from start to finish. I used the leftover yarn from Nessie (which itself was made from leftover fish hat yarn).

Speaking of fish hats, I am working on what I hope will be the LAST fish hat I ever have to make. It's a fun project and all, but this one is the eighth and as the TV show said, eight is enough!! I'm using navy yarn left from the angler fish (it only used a little bit in the mouth, so I have almost a full skein) with lavender lips, fins, and tail leftover from a previous fish hat.

I also went online looking for safety eyes. The local craft shop has a very limited stock & variety, and oh I found some lovely ones online. I had selected cat's eyes in three colors, and animal eyes in clear, and some noses, and a special tool to make it easier to put the backing on the eyes. Entered my shipping/billing/credit card info, and *just* as I was about to hit the final, this is it, you've placed your order button, I decided to check out the company on the BBB website. It's rating? F. Decided not to order from them after all. Went to eBay instead, and found an online eBay shop that carries quite a selection. No BBB rating, but the seller has 100% positive feedback, with a sufficient number of transactions that 100% positive actually means something. So I got a mixed pack of cat's eyes, a mixed pack of animal eyes, and a packet of animal noses all with the "buy it now" feature, all at fairly reasonable prices too. They should be here in about a week.

Going to a comedy club this weekend with Ralph, Lizard, and one of Lizard's co-workers. I think there might be some other people going but I'm not sure. I haven't been to a comedy club in over 20 years. I'm quite looking forward to it. We'll probably meet up for dinner first.

Well, it's a "school night" so I guess I better sign off & go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the starfish! Oh my, last hat? Then I am very proud to be the owner of one. :-)

    ReplyDelete