Saturday, June 6, 2009

LaStrange: DONE!


Except for weaving in the ends, my LaStrange Wristwarmers are done! I am really pleased with how they came out. The thumb part was a bit trickier than I anticipated, mostly because I kept dropping stitches somehow.

Started a new project this morning, one of the patterns from my new "Amigurumi Knits" book: a Loch Ness Monster. I'm using yarn leftover from my fish hat. I think it will be a fairly quick knit; I started about 4 hours ago and am about 2/3 of the way through the back section. Unfortunately I'm going to get to a "stuck" point soon, as starting on row 171 (I'm on 145 now) you switch to knitting in the round, and I don't have any size 5 DPNs as far as I can recall. Might have to start another new project this afternoon! Luckily, Lizard is coming over tomorrow and part of our plans for the day include a trip to the yarn store so I can get a set of DPNs then.

I keep hearing an odd sound this morning. I swear it sounds like there's a peacock calling a couple streets away. I suppose it's *possible* since we have seen a peacock wandering around a few miles up the road, but that was several years ago & I don't know if it's still around or not. It's really rather odd seeing (or even hearing) such an exotic bird in a suburban neighborhood.

Had waaaaay too much sugar yesterday. Got about 15 miles up the freeway when I realized I had forgotten my medicine, so drove back home to get it. Grabbed a Zinger to eat on the way to work since a) it was handy b) sounded really really good and c) I was still a bit hungry from having a too-small breakfast. Had another Zinger with my lunch. Then at 2:00, we had cake in the office to celebrate the "go-live" of our new software system. I hadn't intended to eat the whole slice since I'd had sweet treats earlier, but it was absolutely delicious and I scarfed it all down like I'd never had cake before in my life. Going to have to keep an eye on the sugar intake today, especially since I'll probably eat junk tomorrow with Lizard coming over and all (hey, I have to have snackies out for my guest, right?).


I've been thinking of changing the header on my blog. I like the picture a lot, but it's just too big. Wish I knew of a way to shrink it in the header, but if such a way exists I haven't been able to figure it out.

Been having fun surfing youtube recently, having discovered "literal music videos." That's where someone overdubs a music video with new lyrics that describe what is happening in the video. My faves so far are "Penny Lane," "Daydream Believer," and "Total Eclipse of the Heart. Here's a link (hope it works) to "Daydream Believer."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nViC0K-zifk

If the link doesn't work, just go to youtube.com and do a search for "literal videos" and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment