Friday, June 12, 2009

Knitting Joys/WWKIP Day


Oh, what a difference a day makes! I looked more closely at the Nessie photos in the book, and realized that the front flipper orientation was the opposite of the hind flipper. This means that the hind one I had done *was* correct, and I didn't have to frog it after all. I am very close to being finished; just need to knit the "horns," embroider the eyes, and seam/stuff the tail.

I'm surprised at just how little yarn this project takes. I used leftover yarn from the fish hat I made for myself, and I *still* have some remaining. Not enough for another Nessie, but I bet I could do a starfish (another project from the book). Our bathroom has a rather fishy theme and I've been thinking that a basket of knit starfish would look nice in there.

I also started a new project today, the black devil anglerfish. I've done the entire back piece and have started to pick up stitches along the side to knit the belly. It's going to be really small when it's finished, maybe 6" long or so. Hmmm. . . maybe I can make a black devil anglerfish hat. . .




Tomorrow is World Wide Knit in Public Day. I usually manage to miss it entirely so I was glad to be reminded of it on Ravelry today. I did a search for KIP events near me, and guess what? There's one at the archery range that Ralph & I go to virtually every Saturday! It's a potluck event so I'll have to find/fix something to bring. I wonder if Domino's would deliver to a park? Probably not, since there's a $7 vehicle fee to get in (luckily I have a parking pass so it'll be free for me). I didn't have any real plans for the weekend so this is an unexpected treat.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Nessie! She's turning out very nicely. And even *I* knew about WWKIP day tomorrow. In fact, it's WWKIP Weekend both this week and next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nessie is so cute! I love the colors you choose! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete