Thursday, June 4, 2009

And it's Thursday again.

Not really a lot to say this morning; just figured it's been several days since I've posted so I'd best post SOMEthing.

Making good progress on the wristwarmers. I've cast off the first one & just need to knit the thumb and weave in the ends on that one, and the other needs one pattern repeat, six rows of ribbing, the thumb, and of course weaving in the ends. Hoping to finish up today, although I'm not counting on it.

Went to see Dr. Y on Tuesday to treat a skin abscess. The fact that I went without protest should give you an idea of how painful it was. It drives me nuts that even though it takes at least 30 minutes per patient, his appointments seem to be scheduled about 10 minutes apart, plus he sees people in the order in which they have signed in rather than seeing appointments when they are scheduled and walk-ins when he can fit them in. My appointment was at 4:00. I got there at 4:05 & immediately signed in. At 5:20 the nurse/receptionist actually acknowledged my existence & took me back to the examination room. Doctor showed up at 6:48 (yes, I checked my watch). I pointed out to him that I had left work 2 hours early in order to be on time but he somehow manages to make one feel guilty for being upset at a nearly 3-hour wait. Now I'm taking antibiotics four times a day (capsules roughly the size of Wisconsin) & go back on the 9th for a follow-up.

Zoe was a Bad Dog yesterday. Ralph caught her licking bacon grease from a pan on the stove! Good thing it had cooled, or maybe not so good--if it had been hot still perhaps it would have taught her a lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I think you might want to consider looking into a new doctor. or maybe try to getthe very first appointment of the day and show up a bit earlier. I know I have a Dr. appt today and who knows how long I will have to wait. I think I'll bring some crocheting.

    ReplyDelete