Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cephalopod in process


As you can see, I'm working on yet another project from Amigurumi Knits. I am very close to being finished; just need to insert the eyes, add a bit more stuffing to the head, and then sew the two parts together. Project is currently on hold until the eyes I ordered arrived. This is a quick project--I started it yesterday and if I had the eyes I could have finished it this morning. And unlike the other three toys I did from the book, this pattern had NO ERRORS!!

In other good news, someone on Ravelry put me in touch with the person who brought the orange marmalade cupcakes to the WWKIP Day event. She then sent me the link to the recipe, and this morning I bought the ingredients. When I am done brain-sucking I am going to make a batch of them. Well, OK, after Ralph gets back from buying ink so i can print the recipe. Cher, I was able to forward the recipe to my e-mail; I know you were interested so if you want me to forward that to you just let me know. I think your e-mail address is still in my yahoo account.

Today is the start of an experiment in self-discipline. I have a very bad habit of eating out rather than packing a lunch or fixing dinner at home. This is both unhealthy and expensive. So, I am going to attempt to go one whole week without eating out. Ralph & I went grocery shopping today so there is plenty of food for preparing meals. This morning I made us breakfast sandwiches with bacon & egg on English muffins, and for lunch Ralph grilled up some carne asada while I fixed salads to go with it. I've already prepped some tuna salad to make sammidges for tomorrow's lunches (mine & Ralph's both), and have a kielbasa thawing for tomorrow's dinner. I'll fix that up with some potatoes, cabbage, onion and maybe a little red bell pepper.


We've eaten the three ripe tomatoes from our rogue plant. They were so delicious!! We had two in salads and the third we ate last night on our bacon sammidges. There are lots of green tomatoes on the vine still but nothing else ripe yet. I almost bought some at the store but they were $4.99 a pound which seemed a bit much, especially since I will get dozens for free if I just wait for them to ripen. I'm really surprised at how well that plant is doing, considering it is crowded up against the fig tree. In fact, it's *climbing* the fig tree to the point where I noticed blossoms that were higher than my head.

Well, I noticed when I signed on that Lizard FINALLY has a new post, so I'm off to go read it.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you weren't too bored by the blog post; and I want a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little creatures you have been knitting. They are so unique. What do you do with them? Yes, I would love the cupcake recipe. cheapet AT cox DOT net. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, in *theory* they were going to be Christmas gifts for The Rugrats, but they (the toys, not the Rugrats) are too darn cute to give to kids that will only slobber on them & get them all dirty. Guess I'll have to get a display case for them.

    ReplyDelete