Friday, July 3, 2009

It's a three-day weekend!


According to my "widget," there are only 175 days until Christmas. E-gads! I still have considerable gift-knitting to do. Just hope I can get it all done in time. You would think that, having started the gift-knitting in December, time wouldn't have been an issue. Of course, it would help if I didn't make stuff for me, or make things that are *supposed* to be gifts but that I like too much to give away.

We've been dealing with a major ant invasion. They are coming in at two different places: the closet in the red room, and in the kitchen right where the doorway meets up with the cabinets. I had to throw away over a dozen cupcakes yesterday. They were in a covered container so I don't know how the little buggers got in there. We also have to keep moving the cats' food dish as the closet-ants keep heading for that. Seems like any time the weather gets hot, the ants start coming in. Ant spray doesn't help much (and we don't want to use it near food, either ours or the pets'), so I'll have to pick up some bait traps next time I go to the store.

Tomorrow is the last day of my "don't eat out for a week" discipline. I have been very good; even though I was invited to go out for lunch by two different people on two different days, I stuck to my guns & ate my packed lunch instead. I haven't even so much as picked up a coffee from Starbucks. Tomorrow is going to be the toughest day, I think, as we are going to the movies with friends which means I'll want popcorn, plus I'm sure everyone else will want to eat out afterward. Also, Ralph will be going to another friend's place in the evening for fireworks (I, by choice, will be staying home & keeping the dogs from freaking out too much) which means it'll just be me for dinner at home & the temptation to grab a burger will be strong. I am making corned beef & cabbage for dinner tonight, and am hoping that the leftovers will keep me from heading for a fast food joint tomorrow. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. sometimes it helps to take used coffee grounds and sprinkle them where the ants are coming in ( on the oputside ) Maybe that will help. I love the squid! You do such nice work!

    ReplyDelete