Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Making it through the week


This has been a long, tedious week. Thank goodness it's finally Friday! What's that you say? It's only Wednesday?? Impossible! Last weekend was months ago, it's got to be Friday by now!

I've made some decent progress on the jackalope. As you can see in the photo, the body/head piece is finished, and I just need to knit the paw pad of the first hind leg for that bit to be done. I've also knit the back sections of the ears although they are not in the picture. I was a little worried that the two-tone wouldn't look good (a necessity due to not having as much light grey as the pattern requires), so I must say I am happily surprised and quite pleased with the result. I've already gone through my eyes & picked out a pale orange-y color pair that stands out nicely against the dark grey without standing out *too* much. Oh, I should have set one of the eyes on the head for the pictures. . . next time I guess.

Going over to Lizard's this weekend. Ralph is having a D & D game on Sunday, or rather *was* having one. The game is still on, only the location has been moved to someone else's house for a change. This works out well--I still get a knitting day, but I don't have to vacuum before I head out to Lizard's :-) I'm going to show her how to do a provisional cast-on & short-row toe for toe-up socks. She has this gorgeous black & red sock yarn for the project.

Speaking of lizards, I saw the most adorable baby lizard yesterday. Tiny little thing; the body was about the length of a stick of Trident. Even if I had had the camera with me (don't say it!) I don't think I could have gotten a good shot of him, he was so small. He darted under the car when I got too close, and I took a very thorough look underneath to make sure he wasn't in any danger of getting run over when I drove off. He must have been very frightened because he had run completely out of sight.

Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19) is on a Saturday this year, so I am planning a pirate party to celebrate. Have a few ideas for food, and will be ordering some pirate-y decorations & invites soon. Been thinking about having some sort of a treasure hunt but not sure exactly what to do for that yet. I don't want it to be like an Easter egg hunt. Definitely want to have a treasure map involved. Anyway, the idea is bubbling in the back of my head and hopefully I'll come up with something fun.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't expect Lizard to vacuum her place, either. She's gotten pretty good at procrastination and may not get it done in time ...

    ReplyDelete