Monday, August 3, 2009

My weekend



Had a pretty good weekend. Saturday I washed the car, put on the new wiper blades (which I can't really call "new" since we bought them over a year ago--yes, it took me THAT long to get around to installing them), and made cupcakes. While at the store getting cupcake ingredients, I noticed the bagger at the next checkstand had lovely, intricate corn rows that zig-zagged & criss-crossed. As I admired them, I realized that I was trying to convert them into a cabled knitting pattern. . . .

Sunday I went to Lizard's for knitting. Ralph's archery friend M came with me. Duh & The Girl both ditched out, so they didn't get cupcakes or any of the yummy chili that M brought or Lizard's corn casserole. They missed out because it was all very tasty. I taught Lizard how to do a provisional cast on & short-row toe. She kept the very first one she made, which as you can see from the photo makes a simply chaaawming hat for Little Thing.

Progress on the jackalope (whom I am thinking of naming "Klugman") is slow but steady. He now has both hind legs and one front leg completed & attached. At the rate I'm going he should be done around Halloween--which is still faster than progress on the orangutan.

Lizard got some bad news today. Her temp position will be ending in three weeks. What a shame--I know she really likes working there and was hoping to be hired full time. Her boss *wants* to hire her, but upper management won't allow it (hiring freeze, I think). He is still fighting to keep her so she hasn't completely given up hope.

2 comments:

  1. LOL on the cornrows/knitting conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, The Girl (and The Boy) each got a cupcake, some enchilada and some corn casserole. I delivered it to their place Sunday evening ... yeah, they're spoiled. What can I say? lol

    ReplyDelete