Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yarny goodness


Another fine Saturday. Archery, of course; rather than sit over by the class, though, I found a big shady tree over by the butts. Much quieter, plus I didn't have to keep adjusting my chair to prevent the sun from getting in my eyes. A couple people came over to see what I was working on, and I showed one woman how to cast off as she said she knew how to knit but not how to end it. Her daughter seemed to really like the jackalope, which is finally finished!

From there to Alamitos Bay, where I had a glorious look-see at all the lovely yarns. I ended up buying six skeins of sock yarn: a heathered green, a heathered brown, a variegated black/white/blue/pink/grey, a variegated mostly-red with a bit of orange & green, and two skeins of a violet/green stripey. I got two of that one because one wasn't really enough for a pair of socks, and the two together were about the same price as one of the others so it seemed reasonable. When I got home, I thought that the brown & the green might look good with the greeny-brownish yarn I bought in Capistrano back in January. I arranged them with the old yarn in between the new ones, and it was almost scary how it acted as almost a perfect blend from the green skein to the brown one.

I would have stayed at the yarn shop longer, but hunger called. We ended up going to El Torito & having one of their limited-time chef's specials, the Combinacion de la Costa. They have a real winner on their hands with this one: a grilled piece of carne asada topped with a cheese enchilada, a grilled shrimp skewer, rice, tortillas, and a sort of corn soup with onion & lime that was surprisingly good. I still have half of mine which I will have for breakfast. Hey, I had to leave room for volcano cake, didn't I?

Started on the garden snail yesterday & will be working on that some more today. No other fun plans await me today; just chores & housework.

1 comment:

  1. Love the jackalope - he turned out really well (although I'm not sure about the color choice for the antlers) ... he's adorable, though!

    And in respect to your yarny goodness: as they say on Rav - pics or it didn't happen!

    ReplyDelete