Sunday, August 23, 2009

Exercise, excercise, come on everybody do your exercise

Today Ralph & I bought a recumbent exercise bike. It's only partially assembled as you can see; Ralph snapped a piece by trying to lift out the frame by a tiny plastic crosspiece, so we're waiting for the glue to dry. We both need to get some exercise & this seemed to be a good way to do it. It's too hot to walk in the summer, and too dark to do it after work in the winter. Same with regular bicycles. And a gym? Too inconvenient. So, with this in the house ready for use at any time we have no reason not to use it. It even has a yarn holder so I can knit while I pedal. For some reason, though, this feature is labeled as a "water bottle holder" on the owner's manual. Weird! We're setting it up in the red room which has its own air conditioner. Can't complain about the heat with that!

My main reason for wanting it is to improve my health, but who knows? Maybe I will even lose a few pounds. I plan to start slow--10 to 15 minutes a day 3 times a week, then build up to 30 minutes, then increase the number of days per week. Yes, I am that out of shape. Wonder what would be best; before work, and get it over with, or after work & pedal off the frustrations of the day. Both have merit. Anyway, now I've posted my goal for all the Teeming Millions to see, so now I *have* to follow through--right??

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a very excellent plan! I would love to have one, but am too darned lazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete