Thursday, August 13, 2009

Snail


Yay! The snail is done. I think it came out pretty well. There were a few awkward moments--the eyestalks were a bit fiddly, and sewing on the shell took a couple tries to get it on right--but all in all it's a fun knit. It also uses surprisingly little yarn; much less than the materials list called for. I'm thinking of making another one in fingering weight (this is in worsted) just for the heck of it.

Currently working on a pair of socks. I'm using Mountain Colors Bearfoot in "Huckleberry" which a very bright, variegated yarn in red, blue, and purple. I'm doing a cabled pattern and I really like how it is coming out so far.

Darn it, had all kinds of things to blog about & can't remember them now. Knew I should have written them down. . .

1 comment:

  1. Love the snail! You choose the perfect colors for him/her/it LOL
    I think I have seen that color of bearfoot yarn. I am hooked on bearfoot. They have the nicest colors. Please snap a pic pf your socks. I love cabled paterns but can't do them, but I like to look anyway.

    ReplyDelete