Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's here!!


The "Chance" sock yarn I ordered from Serendipitous Ewe has arrived! Originally they weren't going to ship until after this weekend's Sock Summit, but they finished the dye run sooner than they anticipated and here it is. The colorway is called "Bobby Sox." The photos don't do the colors justice, of course, since the flash kinda washes things out. Almost half of it is black, almost half is white, with about a 2" section of minty green and another 2" section of ruby red, so it goes lots of black, bit of red, lots of white, bit of green, back to black. 420 yards--more than enough for a comfy pair of socks.

I'm really glad it came today; there were more layoffs at work yesterday and I could use the cheering up. It's so hard to see people go when you know it wasn't because they aren't good workers. One of the ones laid off is someone that I *know* worked her butt off, and was always ready, willing & able to help whenever needed. Really shakes up the workplace, ya know?



Almost done with the jackalope. I need to finish making the ears & sew them on, make the antlers & sew them on, then make the tail and sew it on. I think instead of making the knitted tail, I'll just make a big floofy pom-pom. Someone on Ravelry posted that no matter how she attached the knitted tail it looked like a turd, so I think I'll just save myself the frustration.

Not much else going on, so I'll sign off before you get *too* bored.

1 comment:

  1. The colorway of your new yarn is lovely. It's going to make a beautiful and interesting par of socks! Do you have a pattern in mind?
    I like the idea of a pom pom tail for the jackalope. Bunnies should have fuzzy tails. LOL

    ReplyDelete