Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving morning


I have finally remembered to take pictures of the spider I knit back in August. I think it came out pretty well, eh?

Have the Thanksgiving feast all planned out. Assembled a pumpkin pie last night, so dessert is already taken care of. I've got a 14 pound turkey, which is a little larger than I wanted but what was available in the store. Have the oysters for the stuffing although I need to get celery, as well as sour cream for the corn casserole. Instant mashed potatoes (yes, I know!) and some gravy packets in case there aren't enough drippings to make gravy. Mmm, mmm!! Way too much food for just the two of us; I'll have to freeze some of the leftovers to avoid wasting it I think.

Been getting a lot of knitting done. Think I'll do some spinning this weekend, though. I've got some purple merino/silk that I started on the travel wheel a month or so ago and really ought to finish it up. I've also got some yellow merino & orange corriedale that I want to blend together, as I don't care much for them separate. However, the yellow will brighten up the orange and I think the blend will be an improvement.

As usual, not much else going on. Hopefully something exciting will happen for me to blog about :-)

1 comment:

  1. The corn casserole sounds wonderful! I have never tried the oyster stuffing, but I hear it's really yummy.
    Please posts pics of the yellow and orange fiber blended. I would love to see how it comes out.
    Love the spider! This is the only time in my life where I will say the spider is too cute for words. haha!

    ReplyDelete