Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Changes at work


The good news at work is there have still been no lay-offs. The bad news is, two people have chosen to leave the company, including my good buddy JN. Today was his last day, and I didn't even find out about it until late yesterday. His reasons for leaving are sound--can't argue with them at all--but dang I'm gonna miss him. I had TK take a photo of JN & me together today. (Please note--he's sitting on the edge of the desk while I am standing; with me at 5'-3" and him at 6'-5", it was really the only way to get both of us in the photo, LOL!) The other person who is leaving is CK, and again while I can't argue with her reasons I wish she were staying.

Looking forward to next week's vacation. We're not going anywhere other than a few day trips to places such as the arboretum, dog beach, maybe the Japanese garden at the University, plus I'd like to see the new "Christmas Carol" movie that starts on Friday (I'm a sucker for Christmas movies). I also plan on finishing up a few knitting projects, including the last fish hat (can you believe that still isn't done??) and my green sweater. Organizing my yarns & fibers is a possibility as well. And definitely need to wash the Girly Girls if the warm weather holds up; they SHTINK!!! as only a dog can shtink.

Speaking of warm, Ralph fixed the hot water tap in the garage, which means we can finally do laundry in hot water again. He had been avoiding it because he was afraid of doing more damage, but the repair turned out to be so easy that now he wonders why he waited so long.

LS at work has taken down all her Halloween Eeyores, and put up a pair of Thanksgiving ones: a pilgrim & an Indian. I took a photo today but it's kinda blurry so I'll try again tomorrow.

Well, gonna hit Facebook before dinner. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment