Monday, November 9, 2009

My cadaver :-)

$4140.00The Cadaver Calculator - Find out how much your body is worth.

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Online Dating



Since I'm trying to eat a more healthy diet, I bet I could up the value on this old corpse in a few months. I'll have to take the quiz again in six months, if I remember.

Made another octopus over the weekend (this makes 5) and have four tentacles done on another one. Man I love this pattern! So quick to make, doesn't use up a lot of yarn, and it looks great IMHO. This one is variegated red with a white underside, and the WIP is variegated green with a white underside. Rather Christmassy now that I think about it.

Had a wonderful time at Termite's Twin Peaks marathon yesterday. Stayed about 7 hours, which got us through the pilot & six episodes or thereabouts. I think we all had fried eyeballs by then. Several of us wore clothes appropriate to the show: Termite & her sweetie KH dressed as Leo & Shelly; I wore my fish hat and represented the fish that was in the percolator (as noted in a previous post); and one of the guys dressed as Gordon complete with a hearing aid. OK, it was actually a bluetooth device but we all knew what he was going for.

I even managed to stick to the diet pretty well during the party, having only a very small serving of cherry pie (one MUST have cherry pie at a Peaks party) & half a slice of homemade pumpkin bread to go with my sandwich at lunch. Normally at this sort of event I would have had a big piece of pie, and a whole slice of pumpkin bread, and probably a donut because, well, it IS Peaks after all, and maybe even a scoop of the mac-a-chee (that's macaroni & cheese to those among the Teeming Millions who have never read any of the "Trixie Belden" series).

Busy day planned today. Need to do laundry and buy some groceries, vacuum the living room, and I promised Ralph I'd have dinner ready when he got home. Not positive what I'm going to fix but at the moment I'm thinking of roasting a chicken. We have fresh basil & rosemary growing in the backyard which will be good with poultry, and maybe I'll pick up some sweet potatoes to bake along with it. Also want to work on my sweater a little bit & I still need to organize the stash since I didn't do it on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Busy girl! I know nothing about the win Peaks series,but it sounds wacky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, TWIN Peaks even!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cher, wacky barely touches the surface. Twin Peaks was without a doubt the strangest, most bizarre prime time soap EVER.

    ReplyDelete