Friday, November 6, 2009

A few short notes


Had my official weigh-in today since I won't be at work Monday: down just over a pound at 166 even. I have not eaten out at all this week, which is really unusual. Cooking dinner has helped, as it means leftovers to take for lunch the next day (I can only eat sammidges for so long before I start craving burgers & burritos).

Making excellent progress on my sweater. I had it set aside for a while because of the arm pain as you may recall, but have taken it up again this week. I've finished the body and am halfway through the first sleeve. My goal is to have it completed by the end of my vacation.

My friend Termite is having a Twin Peaks Marathon on Sunday. Costumes are optional, although there really aren't that many distinct outfits from the show. I think I might wear my fish hat, and go as the fish that was in the percolator. True Peakers will know what that means :-) Ralph has never seen the show; hope he enjoys it although I'm sure he'll bring a novel just in case. I don't think I can watch TV all day, so I'll be bringing a knitting project. Not sure what yet--the sweater is kinda big for hauling around, and there's not enough left on the last fish hat to bother bringing it. Maybe I'll make another octopus, because four just aren't enough. Especially since I'm giving one away.

Well, it's getting late by my standards. Time for bed, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment