Friday, May 28, 2010

Some good, some not so much



What a day. Yesterday I called to make an appointment with the plumber; the scheduler said the repairman would be at the house between 8:30 and 10:30. I said that wouldn't work as I had an appointment at 9:30, so she changed it to noon. Sure enough, the plumber showed up at 8:20. Luckily it didn't take long to make the repair and I made it to my 9:30 appointment at the temp agency with no trouble.

Well, I wouldn't say no trouble. The business center where they are located has about a dozen identical buildings. I found the right one, went inside, and according to the directory the temp agency entrance was located on the outside of the building facing the airport. I went all the way through the building and out the back, only to discover the building is at an angle; this means that there are two sides to the building that could be said to face the airport. Hmmm. Decided to go left. This was, of course, the wrong way. Went back around the building and finally found the entrance. Afterward when I left, I discovered that the entrance was just around the corner from where I had gone in originally. Sigh.

The interview at the agency went well. I got some very good tips on spiffing up my resume & presenting myself to potential employers, and my account manager already has a job in mind for me to interview for. I worked on my resume quite a bit when I got home. The account manager, whom I shall call D, sent me some online assessment tests. Ugh. The program appears to be entirely incompatible with our computer, so I have to go back on Tuesday & take the assessments there.

I also submitted a resume via Monster. Later I felt I hadn't really done enough job-search-wise today, so tried to log back on. Couldn't do it. It wouldn't accept my password, wouldn't reset my password when I submitted the request, just not working right at all. Grrr.

On the plus side, the gas guy came this afternoon and we have hot water & a functioning stove again! I made a nectarine cobbler in celebration & have a potato/sausage casserole baking for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment