Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ironman


Last night we went to see the 7:40 showing of Clash of the Titans. The ticket seller said the next available show was at 9:00 for 3-D. We said we didn't want 3-D, and she said, "Oh. Then the next show is at 10:30." Ralph started to walk away, but I asked "What happened to the 7:40 show?" The clerk hemmed & hawed, then eventually called the manager over. Turned out they had canceled the 7:40 showing. To make up for it, she comped us into the movie of our choice, so we picked Ironman 2, which we also wanted to see.

Ironman was pretty good. I liked the original better, which I find is often the case with sequels (notable exception: Empire Strikes Back is the best of the "Star Wars" trilogy IMHO). It was a little frustrating that at a key, exciting point right before the climax of the movie the emergency lights came on & the building was evacuated. I was surprised by how calm & orderly everyone was, although there was a bit of grumbling. Turned out to be a false alarm and they let everyone back into the theater after about 5 minutes. Unfortunately, they apparently kept the projectors running so we missed a pretty important bit. We were able to figure out what happened; still, it would have been nice to have seen it. On the other hand, we saw it for free so I ought not to complain.

Tomorrow we perform for "Oedipus Rex" at the Renaissance Faire. I do hope one or two other musicians show up.

Lastly, today's photo is one the DB sent me of Zoey (the dog formerly known as Frumple). She's all sleepy because she's just come home from being spayed. Such a sweet little girl.

Oh! Not lastly, because I forgot to mention how well MH is coming along with her knitting. She was off work on Tuesday, and not available at lunch on Wednesday, and our "classes" keep getting interrupted by other people, so after maybe a grand total of 2 hours actual lessons she can cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. Her "homework" for the weekend is to knit a stockinette square, then when it's done I'll show her how to fold, sew, and stuff it to turn it into a little bunny.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you when it comes to the Star Wars Trilogy. I can't believe they actually left the projectors running for a false alarm! Ugh! I do think the original Ckash of the Titans is so much better than the remake. I would save your money and see it on quicksilverscreen.com :-)

    ReplyDelete