Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First project :-)


Look! MH finished her first project. Isn't it adorable? I think it turned out really well. Hard to believe she's only been knitting for a fortnight. Just darling.

Had a cool moment on the way home from work today. I was driving down the freeway through some foothills near Diamond Bar, and just happened to glance out the side window. There on the hillside were a doe & two fawns leaping through the dry grasses. I've seen deer in California before, but never down this far. Totally a SQUEEE! moment.

I think Ralph had a good birthday yesterday. He liked his presents (two books from his Amazon wishlist, & a DVD of "Avatar"), and couldn't wait until dinner for his birthday cake (banana cake [from scratch] with chocolate icing & pecans) so we cut into it after breakfast. He decided he didn't want to go to the arboretum after all. We ended up getting some new fish & plants as he really wanted to update the aquarium, and I worked on his birthday socks. With any luck I'll have those done by the end of the week. I've reached the point where no matter how much I knit, they don't seem to get any longer.


I also asked him several times what he wanted for dinner, and he kept saying, "I thought I already had my birthday dinner" (referring to Sunday's meal of pork chop & potato casserole--another new recipe for me and it came out fabulous IMHO). Finally he decided on steak, mushrooms & asparagus, and as he is the better chef when it comes to steak he ended up cooking his own birthday dinner. I did at least prep the asparagus & chopped up some garlic to go with the mushrooms.

Been trying to find a day when assorted family members can get together for dinner. Not working out so well. Weeknights are out since I get home from work so late (and go to bed so early). The Boy and The Girl are busy Memorial Weekend, and the weekend after that. I'm busy on the 12th & Lizard is busy on the 13th. No feedback at all from Dad. Dad's Girl will only be out from the middle of next week until approximately Father's Day (that's June 20 for those among the Teeming Millions who may live somewhere other than the US) so I'm hoping we can all get together before she leaves.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute FAT little bunny! Great for a first project! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete