Wednesday, May 26, 2010

sigh

Well, as if all the stuff with the furnace & the flooding weren't craptastic enough, as of 3:30 this afternoon I have joined the ranks of the unemployed. Yup, they have eliminated my position at the company and I, along with quite a few others, have been laid off. Good thing we haven't signed any contracts to get the furnace work done. Tomorrow I sign up for unemployment, update my resume, and start the job search. In the meantime, we're just going to have the gas pipe leading to the furnace capped off so we can have the gas turned back on. Hopefully that won't cost a whole lot.

Sadly, this all kinda overshadows the fact that I got flirted with at Carl's Jr. yesterday. Ah, well.

2 comments:

  1. Things *will* get better. Trust me. Until they do, though - I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains it pours. I am sorry. You are a super smart lady, and I am positive you will land a kick ass job! :-) Hang in there baby!

    ReplyDelete