Friday, May 21, 2010

And it's Friday again


Wednesday night Ralph, Mom'L & I went to George's for dinner. We even remembered to tell the hostess the special "What Would George Say?" phrase, which gives you a free dip appetizer (Wednesdays only). We'd already decided on the kalamata olive spread & pita bread when the waitress asked us how we'd like our lamb cooked. Turns out we were one of the first four parties to give the special phrase, which for that night only upgraded our free appetizer to the lamb chops. Yum!

After dinner, Mom'L said she thought we might have a gas leak as she could smell gas near the front door. Ralph & I thought we could maybe smell it, too, so to be on the safe side Ralph shut off the gas. This morning I got the shocking reminder that our hot water heater runs on gas. Fastest shower I've ever taken. I'm glad my hair is so short since that means I can wash it lickety-split & not have to spend a lot of time rinsing out the shampoo.

I finally finished Ralph's birthday socks. I probably should have done one more pattern repeat but frankly I am sick of looking at the things. Now I need to find a project to bring to work. I'm still only halfway through Fred & George (today's pic), however I want something that requires less focus since I'm still working with MH on her knitting. (She's picked out the pattern for her scarf & is ready to swatch for it.) Perhaps I'll use leftover sock yarns to make a trio of octopi for Ralph to use as juggling balls.

1 comment: