Sunday, April 25, 2010

Food, glorious foooood


I have spent most of the weekend cooking. Yesterday I baked a lemon meringue pie, which turned out fabulous; made a baked cauliflower casserole; then took those to my dad's house where I finished off the meal by cooking the last of the salmon fillets. I left most of the leftovers with Dad so he could have them for dinner tonight. I brought home a little bit of the cauliflower and he got the rest. There wasn't a lot of fish although he did get the entire half of a lemon pie so that makes up for it.

Today I baked a half-recipe of baklava (didn't have enough phyllo for a whole batch, and the market was out) & put half of it in the freezer; a batch of putanessca sauce which I divided into two containers & froze that, too; a zucchini casserole; and I've got chicken breasts with potatoes, garlic, carrots, onions, celery, and green onions with a little broth added in the oven now. I plan on serving half the chicken for dinner tonight, and using the other half tomorrow to make a BBQ chicken pizza. Oh, fie, I just realized I didn't put any salt or pepper in with the chicken. Oh, well, we can put it on after it's cooked.

Haven't done a lot of knitting lately. I have several WIPs on the needles & just don't feel much like working on any of them. And, of course, that always makes me want to cast on a new project. Sigh. Just need to buckle down & finish what I've started. Maybe one more game of Bubble Town first. . .

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and your writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use your own lemons? I have no idea why, but I thought you talk about a lemon tree once. if you do, I am green with envy! We get these tiny lemons here that have no substance. I always loved California lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharm, thanks! Always nice to know that this gets read by someone :-)

    Cher, yup, lemons fresh off the tree in the backyard. We've been here 8 years now, and it has never NOT had lemons on it.

    ReplyDelete