Friday, April 9, 2010

Bound to happen sooner or later


The unthinkable has happened. Yes, I actually made a recipe from the Gilligan's Island cookbook that was not good. I know, I know, hard to believe, but the "Giant Gilligan Burger" was icky. I think the basic premise is good--a big burger-shaped meatloaf with a cream cheese filling--however it is not well-executed. If I make it again, I'll leave out the mustard & horseradish, replace it with ketchup and a little milk (to thin the cream cheese), and top it with some sort of sauce so it doesn't dry out so much in the baking. Oh, and reduce the salt in the meat also.

Last night's dinner (pasta topped with Ginger's Sweet Red Pepper Sauce) was OK. The "sauce" is not the least bit sauce-like. It's a good start, but next time I will either add a can of diced tomatoes so it has more liquid, or mix it in with a jar of sauce, or add zucchini & yellow squash and serve it as a side dish.

Still trying to find a home for the stray dog, whom we have NOT given the name "Frumplestiltskin." We just call her that, or Frumple, sometimes. But we haven't named her because we Are. Not. Keeping. Her.

No comments:

Post a Comment