Sunday, April 4, 2010

Oh, now THAT'S cooking!


OK, so technically it's baking which as I've said before I'm pretty good at. Today I learned how to make baklava. It's amazingly easy, and very tasty when it's still warm from the oven. I was going to cook Chicken Dijon Gilliana for dinner tonight, but Ralph bought some shrimp & scallops which he's going to grill up. I'm still in charge of the side dish, though, and I'm thinking Mayflower Cauliflower Casserole, which is basically cauliflower baked in a Swiss cheese sauce. Should be simple enough.

I am almost done with my hat! The only thing left to do is to sew the hatband onto it. I know it will only take a couple minutes to do, however I don't care for sewing & after sewing the hatband, then the bow, then the bow onto the hatband, well I'm sewn out for the evening. It took a lot less yarn than I anticipated; I thought I'd use 3 skeins (~450 yards) and I ended up using only half that amount. So that means I still have 3-1/2 skeins left to make some matching accessories. I'm thinking some lacy wristwarmers might be just the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment