Thursday, April 22, 2010

A few things


Not a lot to talk about today. Last Thursday I stopped at a fast food place near my work. They were having a free fries promotion the following day, and I joked w/the clerk about them celebrating my birthday. Well, I went to the same place yesterday, and the clerk remembered about it being my birthday & gave me the employee discount on my meal. I told her she didn't have to do that but she insisted. Awfully nice, I thought.

On the way out, I saw a school bus, with students on it, that had been pulled over by a cop. I have no idea why it was pulled over, and all I could think was that a) the kids would be talking about it all day and b) that bus driver could be in a lot of trouble. I can't think of any reason for it to have been pulled over that does not bode poorly for the driver.

Lost dogs seem to be going around. KR at work sent out an e-mail; a friend of hers found a dog & is trying to find a home for it. I was a little surprised that she included me on it since I just spent nearly a month trying to find a home for Frumple/Zoey. Hope they find a place for the little guy.

Had one of the salespeople yesterday ask if I was going to be in this morning, then added "You can notarize some things for me." I told her no, I couldn't, my notary commission has expired, and at the same time was thinking, "Oh, CAN I?" I mean, she didn't ask, just informed me that I could do this. I don't think she meant to be rude, even though it really came off that way. Which reminds me, I need to either renew my commission or turn in my journal. I already destroyed the stamp.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found Frumple a home.
    Don't you just hate it when someone just up and tells you what you are going to do instead of asking nicely! It just goes to show you that most people have no regard for someone else unless it benefits them. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize your commission had expired!

    ReplyDelete