Saturday, August 28, 2010

Erm, riiiight.

So I was bringing in my knitting project yesterday, and my bobbin of white yarn leapt out of the project bag and flung itself at the fan. Before I could catch it, virtually the entire length of yarn had wound itself around the shaft before snapping. Upon closer inspection (see photo, left) it was discovered that little bits of yarn have been winding themselves onto the shaft for some time now. The picture at right is how much was on there. No wonder the fan wasn't running very well.

The talent show last week was a lot of fun. Ralph wasn't too pleased with his singing but I thought he sounded all right. Some of my favorite acts were "Down in the Valley" with two cowpokes and their "mule," and "What Do the Simple Folk Do?" from "Camelot." And, of course, "Weekend in the Country." Afterward about a dozen of us went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner, where I had scrumptious chicken & asparagus crepes served with a cup of chicken noodle soup and some mixed greens with a delicious balsamic vinegar dressing. Much talk & laughter ensued.



I have decided to use two of my Harry Potter squares to make a tote bag. Snape & the Weasley Twins are the closest in size so those are the ones I intend to use. I'll have to find some good fabric for a lining, and I'm torn between making a knitted handle (which may stretch) or buying pre-made handles (which cost money that I'd rather not spend). Since Snape isn't done yet I've still got some time to decide.

Remember I said I baked some fig bread recently? Well, it was totally delicious! Too bad we didn't get much of it, since A Certain Dog Whose Name Begins With "Z" took it upon herself to steal 1-1/2 loaves off the table while we were out! I do have enough figs to bake more, although I need to get more milk & flour first. It's our own fault; we know she steals things and we left the bread too close to the edge of the table. Still, it's very annoying.

OH! And I finished the Bloody Stupid Johnson hat. Photos pending. I absolutely love it.

3 comments:

  1. I bet your old(er) sister would love to be given a Snape/Weasley tote bag ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure she would. How very, very disappointed she's going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... I can't believe that happened! That stinks! I think we should all get those weird Dyson fans and forget about the regular ones. LOL

    ReplyDelete