Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mostly pictures today

We had a very busy holiday weekend. Saturday was spent at El Dorado Park with MH2 & PH2: a picnic lunch followed by a mile & a quarter walk through the nature center. Sunday we went to the Greek Festival which was mostly food booths but still fun. Yesterday we were at the LA County Fair for four hours. I am sunburned, achy, and happy. Oh, and I also talked to Neighbor K & Neighbor A for a while last night, and discovered K & I attended the same high school in 1980! I was there for five years, she was there for one.

Now on to the photos!


Mudgie was lying on the arm of the chair & Ralph put the arm-cover over him. He stayed that way for quite some while. Silly cat!


Close-up of a soft-shelled turtle at El Dorado Park. Normally we only see sliders, mostly red-ears but a few yellow bellies too. We've only seen a soft-shell at the park once before, so it was a real treat to see three of them on Saturday--including a juvenile.


Can you believe it? This lovely Raggedy Ann doll only took a white (third-place) ribbon at the fair. I swear I don't know what the judges look for.


Another mystery to me. This wonderful quilt didn't get any ribbons at all! There were two very plain quilts in the same display that both got blues. You can see a bit of one of them at the bottom of the photo, right under the little purse that took second place.


Now this is just sad. I bet this was a perfectly amazing cake before it fell over. The entrant must have been so disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment