Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A couple knitting photos, and a video


Just a few pictures & a short video today. These are the three dishcloths I made from the orange & black yarn purchased at the sale a little over a week ago. The first one is just a plain, mitered square. It's a remarkably simple technique in which one does a double decrease at the center of every other row, resulting in the bent stripes you see here.








Next up is a mosaic pattern, another easy technique with rather impressive results (if I do say so myself). It's done by alternating colors every two rows, and you slip stitches in order to pull the color from one row up into the two above it. The pattern is "Pharoah's Check" and is from the book "Sensational Knitted Socks." I did make the floats a speck too tight, however since I'm just using it to wash my face I'm not too worried about it.









Third up, an illusion knit cloth. This is my least favorite of the three cloths; the pattern IMHO was not well-designed & the illusion isn't as sharp as it ought to be. Normally in illusion knitting, the pattern in row 4 is the opposite of row 2, but this one didn't do that & the picture doesn't show up properly. However, with a little squinting you can tell that it's supposed to be a paw print. It was a free pattern, and again it's just going to be used to wash my face, therefore it doesn't need to be perfect.



Lastly, a short video of one of my WIPs, "Morsmordre!" The pattern is the Dark Mark Illusion Scarf. I'm planning on making two--one for me, one for Ralph--and the goal is to have them finished in time for us to wear them when we see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1" in November. The video isn't perfect, but it's good enough to show the illusion.

1 comment: