Monday, September 27, 2010

Dear weather. . .



Dear Weather. It's fall now. There is no reason for it to be 109 degrees today. Please bring cooler temps and nice breezes. Thank you.

As predicted, within a couple days of buying a new collar for Sadie, I found the old one. It was under the keyboard next to my rocking chair. A couple days after that, her new collar also came off. I found it in the same spot. The problem is, her neck is bigger around than her head, so there's no way to get the collar tight enough to stay on without asphyxiating the poor thing.

Yesterday Ralph & I went to an orchid show. Unfortunately I have no pics of it for you today, as I left the camera in the Saturn & Ralph took the Saturn to work. But I did take some, and I'll post when I can. Some of the flowers were really lovely, too. I especially liked some deep purple ones.

I *was* making good progress on the Dark Mark scarf. I measured it today and it was 46" long, only 4" away from starting the second illusion repeat. As I was measuring it, though, I discovered an entire row of garter stitch that should have been stockinette, which meant frogging a full FIVE INCHES OF SCARF. Sigh. Oh, well, I've got until November to finish the pair; five inches really isn't that big a deal. I suppose. . .

Making meatloaf for dinner tonight, and I've got a pork roast thawing in the fridge for tomorrow. The roast is quite large; I'm thinking of cutting it in half, roasting one piece and doing the other up as pulled pork in the slow cooker. That'll give us a bit of variety.

Today I discovered the joy that is Pandora internet radio. I've already created two stations of Christmas music; one is very jazzy/upbeat and the other is more mellow. I love it! While I enjoy my CDs a lot, one does get tired of hearing the same songs over & over again.

Today's photo is one I took of Mudgie to make sure my new camera card was functioning. He's all squinty because of the flash. Kind of gives him a "You are intruding in my domain; please leave the planet" look.

EDIT: Hee hee--I just posted a couple comments on a friend's blog. In the first comment I used the word "unholy," and the security word I had to type to submit the comment was "prays." The second post the security word was "clord" (which I am assuming should be pronounced "see lord").

1 comment: